Hadley is trying to trick voters by hiding his true record
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Torrance, CA - Just like Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump, the 66th District's Republican and Tea Partier Assemblymember David Hadley is trying to trick voters by hiding his true record. And, just like his party's nominee, he'll say anything to get elected, whether it is true or not.
Contrary to Hadley's lies, for example, Al Muratsuchi, candidate for Assembly for the 66th District, never took any oil money or donations. The truth is that David Hadley has taken $50,000 from rich oil donors, including the Koch Brothers, and even supported fracking. He also never voted against oil drilling.
What else has he lied about?
- Environment: He supported AB 350, but really only after the reduction in petroleum use was eliminated from the original bill because, you know, he didn't want to make his oil donors angry. He also opposed SB 32, the groundbreaking climate change bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, who called Hadley a "Trump-inspired Acolyte" for opposing it.
- School funding: Despite claiming credit for supporting $72 billion for local schools, he opposed over $101 billion dollars in funding for K-12 schools. In the education budget, he actually voted for precisely $0 dollars for the South Bay. That's because, David Hadley only voted for the education trailer bill, not the actual education budget bill. In the Assembly, it is necessary to vote for the actual education budget bill in order for the money to go to the students. But that didn't seem to matter to Hadley.
- Women's reproductive choice: He claims he supports a woman's right to choose, but just last year he presented a state-funded certificate to one of the so-called anti-choice "pregnancy crisis centers" based in Torrance. This, even as the center was facing allegations it had violated state law.
"Hadley knows he is too extreme for this district. So what does he do to overcome that? He lies to the voters about his real voting record. You know, the record where he has opposed school funding and protects his favorite friends and donors, the oil companies, over the voters and undermines a woman's right to choose," says Mike Shimpock, campaign consultant. "Between his lies and saying one thing and doing another, we now know why he didn't forcefully denounce Trump – they are too much alike."
Hadley's failure to speak truthfully about his record is just another example of how out-of-touch he is with this moderate, bipartisan district:
- Repeatedly voted against funding for our schools
- Voted in lockstep with his extremist Republican colleagues against laws to protect our beaches and air from pollution and oil spills
- Refused to support "one person, one vote" protections for voters
- Took $25,000 from the oil companies and opposed clean air regulations
- Voted with Republicans to cut Health Insurance for children
- Opposed health care funding for patients suffering from AIDS/HIV
Republican David Hadley was elected by a 0.5% margin in the lowest turnout election in recorded California history with the aid of nearly $1 million in donations from a single billionaire, and has repeatedly voted against the interests of his moderate, bipartisan district.